Catholic Lay Pastoral Minister with 14 years of religious outreach experience in parish and campus ministry settings, able to provide leadership and administration in a wide variety of areas, with a genuine passion for evangelization and helping Catholics integrate the Faith with all areas of their life.
Evangelization:Facilitating and presenting workshops, forming evangelization teams, discipleship
Event Planning and Coordination: Parish Socials and Special Events
Catechesis and faith sharing: RCIA, Welcoming Catholics Home, Bible Studies, WINGS
Volunteer coordination and training: Outreach programs, Liturgical Ministries
Planning liturgies and retreats: Youth Masses, Confirmation retreats, Days of Reflection
Evangelization through Media: Parish Website, Social Media, Media Literacy
Music Ministry: Voice, Recorder and Guitar
Director of Evangelization for the DIOCESE OF OGDENSBURG
September 2012 – Present
- Conducted evangelization efforts for the Diocese of Ogdensburg:
- Developed workshops and presentations to build up parish-based evangelization efforts utilizing Forming Intentional Disciples by Sherry Weddell as well as foundational Church documents on Evangelization and the Formation of Laity.
- Coordinated large scale diocesan evangelization and faith formation events such as the Formation of Intentional Discipleship Conference for 250+ participants and a Matthew Kelly Presentation, responsible for all aspects including planning, contract negotiations, training and coordinating parish leaders, and creating follow up events.
- As an integral part of the Diocesan Year of Faith Committee planned and implemented opportunities at the parish and diocesan levels such as: opening and closing prayer services; Corpus Christi celebration; Diocesan Mass at the Olympic Arena attended by 3000 of the faithful; a two-day conference on the Vatican II documents; Beauty and Belief, a celebration of the intersection of art, music and faith; and a variety of pilgrimage opportunities.
- Together with the Information Technology, redesigned the Diocesan Website vastly improving navigation and transforming it into a tool for communicating diocesan news and took took responsibility for updating dormant social media (Facebook pages and Twitter feed). Developed a blog for reviewing and recommending resources for parish evangelization and faith formation.
- Initiated a rebuilding of Young Adult Ministry in the Diocese with a focus on Diocesan participation in World Youth Day 2016.
Director of Newman Center at KSC at DIOCESE OF MANCHESTER
September 2006 – June 2012
- Direct and coordinate Catholic Campus Ministry for Keene State College as part of the Parish Staff:
- Rebuilt a campus ministry program increasing participation from 2 initial students to 30+ young adults and students at two local colleges (Keene State College and Antioch University), responsible for Pastoral Counseling, Mentoring, Catechesis, Student Liturgies & Music Ministry, Retreats and Days of Reflection, Speaker series, as well as social events
- Created joint projects between Catholic Campus Ministry and other organizations on campus
- Member of the Keene State College Critical Incident Response Team (ICISF-CISD-trained)
- Campus Ministry liaison to the Diocesan Young Adult Group, participating in planning and running the annual Young Adult Retreats and Diocesan Theology on Tap programs
- Member of the Parish RCIA team, responsible for catechesis, and evaluating the program for improvements; the Parish Welcoming Home Catholics Core Team responsible for planning, catechesis and faith sharing; and the Parish WINGS (Women in God’s Spirit) Planning Board, contacting potential speakers
- Member of the Parish Outreach Team, responsible for volunteer coordination for Eucharistic Ministry to Homebound, Nursing Homes and Hospital, Jail Ministry, and Bereavement Ministry
- Assisting as needed with Youth Ministry, such as chaperoning WYD Groups to Australia (2008) and Madrid (2011).
- Responsible for parish web-based communication, including designing and maintaining parish website, Facebook page and other social media as well as in-house graphic designer for advertising and public relations efforts
Administrative Assistant to the Dean of Students at SIMMONS COLLEGE
November 2005 – October 2006
- Managed special projects in the Student Life Office, including development of an online student handbook, international student information pages, and providing program and events coordination
- Administered international student visa processes, including registering and tracking students in SEVIS and advising international students in relation to work permits, internships and cultural adjustment
- Assisted the Catholic Campus ministry office with liturgies and music, produced literature and acted as a consultant to the Campus Minister in order to build up a fledgling campus ministry community
Housing and Mail Services Officer at HARVARD LAW SCHOOL
June 1999 – August 2005
- Managed all aspects of dormitory and conference housing including creating and administering a system of housing lotteries, room assignments, and billing processes, and coordinating summer conference housing
- Collaborated closely with all student service offices to provide seamless customer service to 1800 students, attending to individual student needs such as conflict resolution, disability coordination, or emergency housing requirements
- Designed departmental web pages, including implementing an on-line housing application process, resulting in improved customer service, communication and more efficient use of human resources
Director of Youth Ministry, CHRIST OUR KING CATHOLIC CHURCH
Mt. Pleasant, SC
July 1998 – June 1999
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive program for both middle and high school youth ranging in age from 12 to 18 years old
- Planned and facilitated retreats and service projects for up to 100 high school students.
- Recruited and trained adult volunteers for ongoing programs as well as for specific one-time retreats and service projects
- Assisted parish RCIA and adult education programs by lecturing and facilitating discussions
- Planned and coordinated the development and operation of a new parish library of over 2000 books, videos and audio tapes, including soliciting donations of books and audiovisual media and designing processes for cataloging, labeling and circulating library materials
Facilities Administrator at NEWBURY COLLEGE
September 1996 – July 1998
- Assisted the Director of Facilities with all aspects of Facilities Management, including space utilization and design, project administration, office move coordination, telecommunications coordination, and budget oversight for a 12-building campus
Postulant, Sep. ’92 – Oct. ’94; Novice, Oct. ’94 – Jun. ’96
at DAUGHTERS OF ST. PAUL
Jamaica Plain, MA
1992 – 1996
- Participated in the community life, prayer, study and apostolate of the Daughters of St. Paul, including preparing liturgies, prayer services and holy hours, evangelization through media and vocational retreats
- Staffed media centers, organized and staffed parish and catechetical displays, wrote and presented talks to youth groups and worked extensively in catechetical media production
- Participated in outreach ministry through door-to-door evangelization efforts, participated in catechetical and religious education conferences, and one-on-one assistance to individuals in media centers and at conferences
St. John Seminary
M.A Ministry, 2005 – 2012
Georgia Institute of Technology
BS ARCH, Architecture, 1983 – 1987